Lotgenoten forum :Ouderverstoting , P.A.S. Parental alienationsyndrome
What is it like to be an English coach overseas as the natio

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    ouderverstoting // links van websites
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212
lid

BerichtGeplaatst: 11-02-2019 04:52:30    Onderwerp: What is it like to be an English coach overseas as the natio Reageren met citaat
What is it like to be an English coach overseas as the national team struggles? Englishman Stephen Constantine is the coach of India and faces the stigma that comes with his home country’s dwindling international reputation. Pernell McPhee Redskins Jersey . He has strong views on the FA’s failings… For all the popularity of the Premier League across the globe, there is a sense that English football itself is outdated, old-fashioned, unsophisticated. The Premier League appeals because it is international, not because it is English. The homeland is no longer seen as a source of knowledge; the fountain head, it is felt has dried up.And yet a handful remain, heirs to a tradition that dates back a century or more, pioneers and mavericks and adventurers who have left home far behind to continue the spirit that first drove Fred Pentland and William Garbutt to set sail. Their work is in more exotic locations … Their impact is harder to measure. Their life, too, is harder. - Rory Smith, Mister Stephen Constantine is frustrated. England have suffered another embarrassing elimination from a major tournament and he knows what happens next. For those within the cosy confines of St Georges Park, its to be a period of introspection. For those abroad, at footballs coal face, the reputational consequences will be altogether more real. England launch three-point plan The Football Association has launched a three-point plan in a bid to find the next England manager. They find us extremely arrogant, Constantine tells Sky Sports. After spending the best part of 25 years abroad, he understands better than most what the perception is of the English coach. Not that hes expecting anyone at the FA to ask him. Our FA doesnt do anything to help coaches abroad, he adds. We dont even exist to them.Its not just a line. Constantine has experienced it first-hand. Hes in his second spell in charge of India and has also coached the national teams of Malawi, Sudan and Rwanda. But when he applied for the vacant England Under-21 managers position in 2013, he received short shrift from his home FA. I put my name forward and 36 hours later I got a reply saying they wouldnt be taking it any further, he explains. One of the criteria they had for the job was to have had international experience as a manager. Then they appointed Gareth Southgate who has had zero experience as an international manager. Gareth Southgate was named as Englands Under-21 manager in 2013 The feeling is that youre either in the loop or youre out. Its a recurring theme of Rory Smiths brilliant new book Mister, the tale of the men who taught the world how to beat the English at their own game. That compulsion to spread footballs gospel has always been oddly juxtaposed with the inward-looking approach of Englands administrators.Its not just the lament of a coach seeking greater recognition in his homeland. Its a practical problem for the country. When youre closed off to new ideas, they pass you by. English coaches are simply no longer part of the conversation. It seems footballs own version of Brexit happened long ago.When you go abroad, the good jobs are taken by the Dutch, the Germans, the French and the Spanish, says Constantine. Why? Because their FAs promote them. Ill give you an example. In Azerbaijan, youve got 10 league clubs and eight of the clubs technical directors are Germans. Its something that the German FA have helped institute. Paul Ince questions whether Englands footballers have their right attitude The English FA dont really put the resources into it. They dont try to get English coaches jobs abroad. Why would you do that? Well, because one day you might need something. Maybe some information or knowledge. When that day comes, the Spanish have someone there, the Italians and Germans have someone. We dont.There are so many things wrong with how we approach things. I really dont think we understand what they really think of us abroad. We generally seem to feel that whatever we are doing is the way its supposed to be and whatever everyone else is doing outside is not. I think thats held against us.Constantine is doing his bit. The 53-year-old has helped to establish the British Coaches Abroad Association to share ideas, information and opportunities. The reason I started that is because I know how hard it is to get a job outside and then to stay outside with the issues and problems you face, he explains. So I thought why not set something up. Constantine alongside Brazilian legend and then Japan coach Zico in 2004 Now, if somebody wants a job in India, people can say, Stephen Constantines there, what do you need? I had a call last week and somebody wanted to go to China. I know a couple of guys there so I arranged for him to see a couple of training sessions while hes there. It doesnt mean hell get a job but it alerts other Brits to the network thats out there.His own work in India is going well. The national team recently won their first World Cup qualifying games since 2004 and tasted victory in the South Asian Championship in January. Constantine has blooded 28 new players in 18 months and succeeded in bringing the average of the squad down from 32 to 24.Even so, the challenges are vast. There are states in India that are bigger than the UK and they just dont have the infrastructure, he admits. Im taking 12 to 14 flights a month around the country looking at players. I cant just confine myself to the first division and the Indian Super League. Celebrations for India during a World Cup qualifier against Guam Hes found national team players in under-19 sides and even in the army. Next month hell take them on a tour of the United States in the hope of placing players in professional clubs there. My job is supposed to be just as coach of the national team but its about building foundations, he says. Id say my job is that of a builder. Its what I do. I build teams.The trips back home are rare. This month hes been visiting his daughter in Brighton and we speak as he travels up to London to take in a show, the Phantom of the Opera at Her Majestys Theatre. So is he actively seeking the opportunity to return to the country where he last worked as Millwalls reserve-team coach a decade ago? Its a complex question.If theres nothing available for you in England, you kind of have to go outside, he admits. But if you were to ask these people, a lot of them would like to come back to England given the opportunity. The problem is that Constantine is acutely aware that he is likely to get only one crack at coaching in England. Henry on Wengers England link Thierry Henry believes Arsene Wenger is unlikely to want the England job. With that in mind, he recently turned down a League One job. The assistant had already been appointed, he wasnt allowed to bring in his own staff and there were only seven players. I felt Id be doing it with one hand tied behind my back, he says. To be honest, I think Im only going to get one opportunity in England. So if I take a job it has to be right.He adds: Its a huge issue if you havent played for an elite club in England. I realised that quite early on. My names not Ray Wilkins or whoever. I cant go into one job and it not work out then find myself in another job six months later. If I fail in England itll be, Right, you tried England and you werent up to it. See you later. Thats how I feel.Its a practical attitude, but it shouldnt be confused with that of someone expecting to fail. On the contrary, the more Constantine speaks, the more it becomes clear that his experiences have left him uniquely placed to succeed. Football holds few surprises when youve seen it from his perspective.Given the way that football is at the moment with the amount of different nationalities you have to deal with I feel far better equipped than the coaches whove never coached abroad, he says. I know what it takes to make foreign players feel comfortable. I had 13 nationalities in my squad in Cyprus.How do you deal with that Rwandan striker who cant necessarily speak English and isnt happy? How do you get into his head and get him to produce results? Look, if I can get people who dont speak English to work for me, imagine what I could do with English players. Perhaps thats the sort of imagination that the Football Association continue to lack.Stephen Constantine features in Mister: The Men Who Taught The World How To Beat England At Their Own Game, by Rory Smith Also See: Henry on Wengers England link England launch three-point plan Pernell McPhee Jersey . -- Catriona Matthew remained atop the Airbus LPGA Classic leaderboard Friday, birdieing four of the last seven holes to take a one-stroke advantage over Charley Hull into the weekend. Alex Smith Jersey . DeGrom outpitched Jake Peavy in a tantalizing hitless duel that carried into the seventh inning Saturday night before the New York Mets broke loose and beat the San Francisco Giants 4-2. http://www.redskinsrookiestore.com/Redskins-Geron-Christian-Jersey/ .com) - Intrastate rivals collide Saturday as the Texas State Bobcats hit the road to take on the eighth-ranked Texas Longhorns in a non-conference battle at Frank Erwin Center.HOUSTON - The Houston Astros said Monday that they have been the victims of hackers who accessed their servers and published months of internal trade talks on the Internet. "It was an illegal activity and were going to pursue it and try and find out who did it and prosecute," general manager Jeff Luhnow said. The team is working with the FBI and Major League Baseball security to try who was responsible for the breach. Luhnow said the team learned of the hacking about a month ago. The team responded on Monday after the website Deadspin.com published a story about the breach. Among the items involved talks with Miami to trade 2012 top overall pick Carlos Correa and rookie George Springer for Marlins star slugger Giancarlo Stanton. Luhnow said some of the information was accurate and some was not, but he wouldnt discuss what portions fell into which category. He said the Astros have since upgraded the security on their system. "I dont know if anybody can say for sure that any system is 100 per cent secure, but were working on it," Luhnow said. "Weve done a security review and were going to continue to do more. Obviously information is important in our industry as it is in any industry, and we want to do everything we can to protect the information." Luhnow has reached out to other teams to apologize that theey were involved in the breach as well. Jonathan Allen Jersey. . "Some of it is not accurate and theres information out there that affects other teams and individual players thats not accurate," he said. "And just in general when you have a conversation with another team its a conversation between two individuals or two clubs. Its not meant to be shared with the world. So I feel bad about that." The Astros rely heavily on sabermetrics in their evaluation of players and have been open about the fact that they use an online database to house their proprietary information. Luhnow isnt sure if thats why they were targeted, but he knows they are far from the only team which stores data about players and trades online. "You have to think about it: its the double-edged sword of technology makes things easier, but if things like this are capable of happening its definitely a risk that every team should probably think about now in light of this happening to us," he said. "It happened to us. Could it have happened to other clubs? I dont know." "One of the things I have been talking to my counterparts about with other clubs is recommending that everybody take a look at their own security systems and make sure they dont get hacked the way that we were. Because this definitely was an illegal activity," he said, Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    ouderverstoting // links van websites Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: